Saturday, July 4, 2009

Wow...

I went back into Summit today... (To those who went like "WHAT?!?", it's the Batu Pahat equivalent of the Summit in Subang Jaya. It even smells the same...)

Aaaaaanyway...

I realized... I should be grateful...

As I walked past those halls of which seemed so familiar, yet so alien to me, I was quite disheartened by the hordes of different personalities, which kind of made me scringe... I know, it's wrong, yet somehow I felt uneasy...

Boys barely in their teens, walking around, acting like gangsters, adorning weird caps and earrings, what with drainpipe trousers and whatnot...
Girls with weird, uneven hairdos, chattering and giggling, all while wearing unmatching shoes and striped socks which try to stretch as high as possible up their legs...
Kids swearing in seemingly unintelligible languages at the top of their voices...
And those, visibly students, who make it seem as if wearing their uniforms properly in school would mean murder, yet somehow or other insist on wearing it on days of the week with no classes...

Since when has Summit become so... Run-down?

All this while I always thought BP had grown, and true enough, it has...

Yet i've been ignorant... Or have I? Since returning, I was always hanging around the new, "higher-class" edge of town...

No wonder everytime I ask Hazwan "BP camne?" He'll reply "Same je laaa..."

I placed my "toy" where I needed to, I did what I had to do...

Walking out of the building, reality struck me...

I stopped short a few steps before the door...

"BP hasn't changed THAT much..."

"YOU have..."

I cleared my head a little, clenched my bag in a tighter fist and walked along hurriedly...






Knowing that one day...



I'll be back...


MAL
:-P

2 comments:

MelakaGirl said...

errr....ur experience...so similar to mine....malcolm...boring la..

Malcolm said...

Itu laaaaaa...

Kalo org da bosan, cmni la keje die... xD

Hey welcome to my blog xD


MAL
:-P