Monday, July 13, 2009

My First Love

Today I am reminded of the one whom I first loved.

Today I am reminded of the first, and only one who has ever loved me with such an unspoken intensity.

Today I am reminded of how useless and meaningless I was...

But yet I am reminded of how with such love, I could scrape through the worst times in life.

Today I am reminded that in my joys, I often forget my first love...

But yet I am reminded time and again, after straying from my love, that my first love is always there with open arms.

Today I remember what my love has done for me and am ashamed that when I am troubled, the number I seem to dial last is my first love.

And today I remember that...

In my turbulence...
In my ebullience...

You were always there...

Reaching out to me, calling out to me, waiting for me...

I would say that "oh if i could turn back the clock"... And so on...

But you know me better.

And though it's almost certain that i'll repeat it,

You still love me

And you always will.

I thank for reminding me again

You are the One I love.

Nothing else matters.


MAL
:-P

No comments: