Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kids! =)

Haven't been around for awhile... Well, been rather busy with exams and quizzes and assignments and stuff... So sorrryyyyy bout dat *gomenasaiiiii*

But anyway...

It's over! Woohooo! Midterms I mean =)

So well, i've been doing rather good actually, for those of you who are asking =) I've been enjoying myself, making lots of new friends, experiencing new stuff, and basically yeah, having lots of fun =)

So okay! Halloween!

Yeah so well, before anything happened, I was pretty worried about the idea of this "Halloween" thingy... Didn't really like the idea of celebrating the belief in the occult and stuff... But well, I learnt something this year =)

Halloween, in all its' scariness...

It's a merchandising ploy... A big one, and nothing more, from what I see...

Don't get me wrong, but well, when it comes to the crux of it, it's like... Christmas trees, Santa Claus and The Easter Bunny...

Aaaaaaanyway, myself, Rob, Will, Noor, Sara and Patrick took part in this operation called "Trick or Eat", a program by "MealXchange" to gather non-perishable food items for the local food bank...

It was pretty fun, but really the thing that struck me was this...


The kids =)


As we went about collecting food items, kids were going round doing the regular job of "trick or treat"ing, collecting sweets from people around their neighbourhoods...

I don't know why, but every time I saw a kid walking pass, I smiled... I guess it's the fact that these kids had costumes on, or the fact that they're so young and lovable =)

Pat mentioned how kids get so scared at the decorations (of which some people actually go all-out doing...) And it was fun seeing the children avoid Patrick and his ??? costume...

This morning's church service included the dedication of Jamie Strickland's son to the Lord... He was sleeping soundly, even on the arms of the pastor, and again, that made me go "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" inside xD
Kids, really, they are cute =)

And that brings me to late last night, when some of us were sitting there in my tower playing "the game of LIFE"... Pat and I were so serious about it, and sometimes even a little upset over how the other 3 were not paying attention, but rather fiddling around with cameras, talking loudly, making weird bawling noises when they lost money and stuff... It was fun...


But one thing I learnt from all of that...


Somewhere...

It might be deep inside, but it's there...

Somewhere deep inside us...


There's our childhood...

Sometimes we just wanna say "grow up"

Or sometimes, we just can't...


What can I say?

We still love kids =) Or just being one =D


MAL
:-P

2 comments:

Ainaa SS said...

true.
sometimes i think im an 8 year old stuck inside an 18 year old body

Malcolm said...

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You make my day Ainaa =)

And we all do sometimes =) Attention-seeking, carefree, happy...

I rather be a child xD


MAL
:-P