Sunday, September 20, 2009

One-sided? Unconditional? Love =)

Yesterday and today as I walked the streets of Toronto, a thought and realization suddenly struck me...

I know it probably isn't as great a realization that would shock nations, and probably some might say it's been heard far too often...

But...

I realized again Father...

I thought, and was again shocked at Your love...

I realized that Your love is so great that You would show Your love to us, even before we even bothered to know You...

But the thing that hit me most is this fact...

You love us, knowing that this would probably never be returned...

You would give up everything for us, and most of the time we would not even notice, and if we did, we would not even care...

You would spend hours showing us the extent of Your love, how much You treasure us...
But we would not even spare the few minutes to read Your word and pray...

You would send Your Holy Spirit and friends to comfort us for hours, even days when we're down...
But we would not even spare a word or two when we succeed to thank You...


But Father, I think I get what it means to You... Probably not, but i'll try anyway...

To love those around me, and to those whom I love, unconditionally...

Unconditional acceptance, wether or not that love and acceptance would be returned...

To smile when those I love smile...
To be happy when those I love are happy...
To be sad when those I love are sad...
And to be glad when the ones I love are glad...


Wether or not love is returned is immaterial, ay Father?

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. – Proverbs 10:12

I guess the thing I wanna say is thank You for Your love...

And teach me how to love the way You do =)


MAL
:-P

No comments: