Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Suddenly

I got a phone call this afternoon...

It was my sponsors...

Apparently, my flight is to be on the 3rd, the next day...

And suddenly...


Suddenly things started to move very quickly...
Suddenly Canada didn't seem as near on the map as it used to...
Suddenly "Tales of Legendia" didn't seem nearly as important as before...
Suddenly a dental checkup was imminent...
Suddenly a visit to the local barber "Uncle Robert" was in place...
Suddenly I didn't have enough stationery at home...
Suddenly I realized the love of an 80-year old grandmother who would rush down by bus to see me off...
Suddenly I realized I wouldn't be up to spend another weekend in KL...
Suddenly I realized the many friends which I would loved to have seen otherwise would probably not be seen...
Suddenly home once again turned into a variable location...
Suddenly I realized that I might be going to a place very much like where I came from...
Suddenly Pak Sitam's "Sup Kambing" was something I had to have...
Suddenly I had more stuff to bring than I ever had noticed...
Suddenly staying away from mummy, daddy, koko and girlie seemed like just another bad nightmare...
Suddenly mummy and daddy both feel very "sien"... (koko and Amanda do too...)
Suddenly leaving Malaysia for such a long time seems almost... Possible...
Suddenly 23 kilos isn't such a great amount of luggage space after all...
Suddenly I have a bank book and withdrawing all the money to put somewhere else is logical...
Suddenly the bedsheet + comforter + pillow set offered by the Uni doesn't look too bad...
Suddenly whoever turns up to send me off doesn't really matter anymore...
Suddenly KL seems like just next door...
Suddenly Skype becomes a very close buddy to me and thus my name will more often than not be malchong.1stbp
Suddenly I realized that all this while God's been behind the whole picture, leading and guiding me through everything...
Suddenly writing letters for Amanda doesn't feel so boring...
Suddenly arguing with koko over who gets to use the toilet becomes fun...
Suddenly not getting to hug mummy and daddy seems like something I dread the most...
Suddenly not being able to drive seems upsetting...
Suddenly giving hugs and kisses to mummy and daddy seems like something i'm gonna miss the most...
Suddenly I wish more than anything that AirAsia goes to Canada...
Suddenly...

Things happen to sudden...


Mummy, Daddy, Koko, Girlie... I know i'm gonna miss you all sooooooooo much... But know that as long as there's Skype and MSN, there'll always be me whenever you need to see me... I'm starting to miss you all even before I leave...

Daddy, I know that i'm gonna miss most the times I talk to you, the times I need advice, and the times I need to have someone to model after... Know that one of the reasons I mix around so well is that I got it from you... Know that the sole reason I can drive properly now is that you willingly sat beside me each and every time I drove, patiently telling me of my wrongs and teaching me the finer points of driving... Know that i'm so glad that you don't scold me while i'm driving, but rather wait for the event to pass and then let me know, so as not to distract me from my driving... Know that in all things mechanical, electronical, plumbing or electrical, I am basically a noob... But having a pro as a father made me very much a pro to pretty much anyone else =) Thanks for listening to our music, learning our lingo, teaching more than anything that "love covers over a multitude of sin"... Thanks for understanding and backing me up anytime I needed it, thanks for supporting me in anything I do, and thank you Daddy, for being the most practical but yet loving father anyone could ever wish for... Thank you, Daddy... And I know i've probably said this many many times but... I love you Daddy...

Mummy, thank you... I know that should they have instead said that "Malcolm, penerbangan anda adalah... MALAM INI!", the first person I would call is you... And I know that even so I would not be worried because you would leave everything and rush home immediately, and we would get everything packed and ready anyway... Mummy, I know that the person to most clearly express her "sien-ness" would be you... Yet Mummy, remember that the same Hands which kept me safe and well 19 years of my life would be the same Hands which will guide me through the rest of my years... Thank you Mummy for knowing EXACTLY what is happening to each and every one of us, and thank you for knowing exactly what to do to remedy each and every situation... Thank you for asking us do whatever you ask us to do... I know it is for our own good... Thank you for demanding hugs and kisses from each and every one of us, and thank you for always reminding us that we're special, and that we're greater than we'll ever dare to believe... Thank you for sleepless nights working on our clothes, sewing up buttons, sewing up our pockets (yes, I still remember) or just praying for us... And... I know i've said this time and time again but... I love you Mummy...

Koko, thanks for being the brother I always know I have to stay... Thanks for being the one to complain to whenever we face a problem involving certain issues and thank you for always looking out and caring for me, although sometimes you pretend that you never do... Thank you for explaining technical stuff to me when it comes to studies, and thank you for sharing your life with me... (Thanks for teaching me DOTA xD) Thanks for being such a good roommate to me for about as long as I can remember and thanks for all those Greek sessions where everyone else would go blur while we talked to each other =) Don't know if i've ever said this much, ko, but... I love you Koko =)

Girlie, thanks for being the sister in the family... Thanks for taking control and being the deciding factor, the veto power in many of the hard decisions we make as a family xD Thank you for acting as if you don't care, but quietly help out and show in your actions that you mean otherwise... Thank you for being a joy and happiness to our family and thank you for lighting up the mood whenever you are happy... Thank you for insisting on doing certain stuff that you think is absolutely neccessary and thank you for standing up for what you think is right... Thanks also for being our fashion advisor and the "green" one at home... Don't think i've told you this much either but... I love you Girlie =)

And suddenly I realize that my post is super-long...
And suddenly I realize...

I'm gonna miss you all sooooooooo much...

And suddenly...


Things happen too sudden...


And suddenly, signing off for probably the last in a looooooooong time from Malaysia is...
MAL
:-P

11 comments:

Daffodil said...

love this post!
=)

-awin-

Ainaa SS said...

i get that feeling too the day before my flight.even though it wasnt mengejut like urs

nian yi said...

gud luck malcolm, have a nice trip.

Lilian said...

Awww...so sweet...touching!!

AmmarX said...

damn, so many sudden things eh? haha.
gud luck dude.

cassy said...

malcolm.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! aiyyaaa. dunno what to say la.

Malcolm said...

Awin > Thanks Awin!!! =)

Ainaa > Hahahaha yup thanks Ainaaa!!! At least u understand =)

Nian Yi > Thanks!!! Finally in Guelph... Woohoo!!! xD

Lilian > Awwww.... Thanks Lilian =)

Ammar > Yup yup yup xD Thx bro!!! =)

Malcolm said...

Cass > Casssssssssssss!!! Haiya yala yalah... I oso dunno wat to say... Haihhh... =( Finally in Geulph, safe and sound =) Keep in touch!!! xD

Sarah.... said...

Malcolm, I felt exactly the same way before I first left home. All the best in uni, and know that a bunch of people will always be praying for you and supporting you. Take care!

yTze said...

go malcolm! =)

best vet science school in the world!

Malcolm said...

Sarah > THANKS SARAH!!!! =)Yup, I know Sarah, I know =) Thanks sooo much for the prayers... Likewise Sarah, Likewise =)

Jules > Oh yesh Jules... Yesh yesh... Not exactly but close enuff xD