Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reminiscence of a distant past...

Walking in the shopping centre, looking at children, their parents by their sides...
Reminds me of a time when I would rush mummy and daddy out of fear that we'll get locked in... (I wonder if they even have a name for such a fear? Oh well...)

Searching through websites, I found out that the Boys' Brigade in Canada was famous till the mid 1980s...
Reminds me of days where I would move in precise coordination, stand with undetered attention and walk in unmatched unison with a whole crowd of brothers and sisters... And never think I would ever miss BB as much as I do now...
And a handshake from a fellow Boy brought back deep pride from inside of me... I always will be proud to have been a Boy, spelt with a capital B...

Queueing up in line at the Bullring, staring at the menu and finally picking "curry"...
I realized how much, how far I have traversed, literally to the other end of the world... And yet, as Dorothy in the "Wizard of Oz" says, and rightly so as she claps her slippers together, "There's no place like home... There's no place like home..."

Playing volleyball in the pouring rain...
Reminds me of a time when I never excelled and in fact was below par in any sport known to mankind... And a time when team Bismarck became the turning point of sports in my life... I remember squash, I remember class football games... I remember the goal posts... I remember managerial duties, and I remember, most of all... High School...

Hearing voices of family members over Skype...
I hear also the little quarrels and squabbles of Amanda and Koko, the noises that make home what it always is etched in my memory as... I hear the voice of Nothing... I hear the complains that Amanda always seem to have against Koko... And I hear the reason Amanda gets upset... I still think most of the time Koko actually asks for it too xD Indeed, it's as they say... Home... It's where the heart is =)

Learning about the Raya break in Malaysia...
I remember times when I would make a large hue and cry over having to write "ponteng letters" for Girlie, but without fail would draft the letter and make sure it was put onto our dining table before breakfast... And I remember Daddy trusting and signing it, whatever I wrote... I always joked that some day i'll write a letter saying that "Saya hanya tulis surat ini oleh kerana saya tau cikgu takde bace punyeeeee" in my worst possible Malay xD Or something to that effect anyway =)

Walking out for "makan" with my ang mo friends...
I remember the nights where Terence, Rui Heng, yes even Jun Zhang would walk out in search of food all around Casa... And I remember when Naiz and Yas eventually took over when RH and JZ became... Ummm... Occupied xD... I remember 79 cents... I remember late night jokes and trading stories with RH... I remember Terence stealing my faster internet line xD... I remember... "MU coach good ah?" (Well technically not...) xD... And I remember loving every moment of all these memories...

Lectures...
I remember days where senyuman serta tawaan yang tidak henti-henti terkeluar daripada sekalian liang rongga rakan-rakan sekelas melihat gelagat guru kelas Matematik kami yang tersayang =) I remember the fun times and all the jokes shared... Mostly with Iylia and Deedee... And I remember guru kami asyik mengenakan mereka... Akan tetapi tidak saya... Mengapakah demikian? Mungkin... Tidak akan saya tahu... Oh well... =P

And as I walk day-to-day...
I remember the One who's brought me so far, the One who has led me all the way here... And the One who has loved me right from day one, and has shown His favour upon me... Nowhere, nowhere I would be without Him... I'm sure of that...

And so as I think back on all these times...

If I had to it all over again...


I would =)




MAL
:-P

7 comments:

yTze said...

whoo!

you're gonna have an AWESOME 4 years plus =]

Ainaa SS said...

awwww...!

Malcolm said...

Jules > Oh yes, I sure am =) At least I hope so... I know you will xD

Ainaa > Hahahahaha yup!!! But it's true kan? So it works!!! xD


MAL
:-P

Zhen Lim said...

:)

Nostalgia brings with it a sense of longing.

& with it, also the knowing that God was faithful & always will be.

:)

(Oh & this is irrelevant but my word verification says 'forgotu'. Forgot u. LOL!)

Malcolm said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAA LOLZ Zhen!!! xD

So random oh my goodness xD No wonder you can pass as Jules' family member xD

Zhennnnnnn!!! How la uuuu? Ok onot? Long time no seeeeee xD


MAL
:-P

Zhen Lim said...

What dya mean 'pass as' her family member? I AM her cousin! Haha! XD

Whee, I'm doing good, have finally settled on a church so that's great. :) I just wanna make sure my years spent here are focused on God, y'know? So yeah, working on that. :)

Youuu?

Malcolm said...

Zhen!!!!

I'm good! I'm now kinda active in Campus4Christ and found actually 2 good churches to go to... Still seeing how things go la xD

Trying to put God 1st... Not easy, but i'm working on it...

AND IT SNOWED TODAYYYYY!!! =DDD

Isn't that amazing???

God is AWESOME!!! xD


MAL
:-P