Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Choice, Once Again

Hey guys!!! Sorry for not updating my blog in awhile!!! Gomenasai...

So anyway!!! Here goes!!! I'm in Canada!!! Woohoo!!! xD

And for those wondering, i'm doing great!!! Met a group of new close buddies... Met new pals, new family, new home...

And yet... As koko once said "the more things change, the more they remain the same" (dunno where he got THAT from xD)... I've come from a Batu Pahat to... A town where education is one of the main industries (check), A country in which the people have problems with the people in the country underneath it... (check X alot) xD... Sounds pretty much like home to me =)

Yeah, I guess I still miss mum, dad, koko and girlie (THANK GOD FOR SKYPE!!! WOOHOO!!! xD)

So yeah, i'm doing good =) God's been helping every step of the way... It's been super obvious =)


So yeah, back to the main post...


I realized one thing today...
It's like a feeling, a sense...
deja vu, people say?
more like some kind of a cycle, if you please...

When I first step foot into kindergarten, I was a nobody... All I had was the name of a son, and being the heir of dad, people would look and expect much of me...
All the rest was up to me...
When I first step foot into primary school, I was, again, a nobody... All I had was the name of a brother, and being as such, people looked, and expected more of me...
All the rest was up to me...
When I first step foot into secondary school, I was, once again, a nobody... All I had was the name of a brother, one before me, and being as such, people looked, and expected alot of me...
All the rest was up to me...
And then came Taylor's College... When I first got in, again, I was nobody... All I depended on was the fact that I was one of "the 6", and I depended on my scholarship, and people looked, and expected alot of me...
All the rest was up to me...
And now, i'm in University... And the only thing that I held on to... Once again was the fact that I was different... That I was a boy sent by his government halfway around the globe, from a country that had never seen snow to study here... And people looked, and once again, they expect...

And now...

I guess the rest is up to me...

Once again I am at crossroads...

Once again I choose whether to follow His word, or to be "just the guy over there"...

And once again I realize that the only reason i've ever gotten so far is because I made that right choice... And because He was there for me...

And so... Again...

I make that same choice...

Romans 12: 2 ‘Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.’

Today, I depend on You again Father... Help me to stand by You, and help me to follow You, not the world... I know that You have, and that You will continue to =)


MAL
:-P

6 comments:

ah_thew said...

YEAH, MALCOLM!!! hahaha... You are so true.. we just need to follow him and I am very sure that He will be there for us... hahah.. Gambateh in your studies... May god bless you!!!!

Malcolm said...

Hey Matthew =)

Yup! He definitely will... I'm sure of it =)

You too bro!!! God bless you too!!! xD


MAL
:-P

Asuka Kumiko said...

Nice writing.. meaningful =)

Malcolm said...

Thanks Grace!!! =)

Sarah.... said...

This is inspiring, Malcolm. You're so right that it's the choices we make from time to time that make us who we are. And of course, God's grace in helping us choose wisely. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself there!

Malcolm said...

Sarah!!! =)
Yup, it's God's grace that has led me so far, and God's grace that will finally lead me where He wants me to be =)
Whatever it be, I know I can trust Him =)
God Bless!!! I sure hope you're doing well as well!!! =)

MAL
:-P