Monday, June 22, 2009

Time Invested

Time invested in a book = amount we get from that book
Time invested in a certain subject = amount we gain from that subject
Time invested in a person = how much we care for that person

Thing to ponder about... If I spend most of my time with something, chances are, that is what I care about most...
Consequently, if I spend the least of my time with something, chances are, that is what I don't really care about...
Is that true?

In that case, have I been lying to myself?

Yet, if I keep thinking about something but never spend my time doing it, do I really care about it?

Man, this is confusing...

But I think I get it... Affinity and attraction is not solely based on a moment in time...
It's based on the bonding built upon through time spent together, is it not?

If so, i'm guilty... I would understand if I had no REALLY REALLY close friends (not that I don't, I have many xD)
Because I fear that I frighten them off by harassing them too much... And because, I am, as the term my friend used, a "nomad"... I jump around from group to group, leaving one to join another...

But no, I will learn. I must.

To show love, spend time with those you love...
Yet, do not allow them to be uncomfortable in your presence...
Or wait... Those who love you in return will NOT be uncomfortable around you...
Or will they?
I'm not sure anymore...

I guess...
I'll have to spend more time with my family and friends...
I know that those I love, they cannot annoy me...
But do I annoy them?
I'm sure I do, sometimes...
But I have to know for sure...
This would affect how I'd deal with people in the future...
Hmmm...

Father, help me...


MAL
:-/

2 comments:

yTze said...

malcolm, now I'm not sure if I'm in the position to say this (that's what you said to me last time =p), but I don't think you need to worry man. I see you spending time with many people and that's why you have lots of friends. Shows that you care bout lots of people =]. I'm not sure if what I'm saying has anything to do with what you wrote but you don't have to limit yourself to those closest to you cuz everyone may need a bit of malcolm right? though of course it's important to make time to catch up with those dearest to us. yeap. and for the record, i dont think ur guilty of harrassing ppl. stop accusing yourself! maybe some people just have issues ma. hope your trip to the land of thais was great!

Malcolm said...

Heya Jules! Thanks xD And yeah, it does have to do with what I write, but hmmm...
You know what, i'll just say you're right and agree with you... (Just for this once, okay? xD)
But, you know... Sometimes just being a nomad and mixing around with everybody, spreading abit of malcolm around... It kind of makes me feel guilty of not spending time with the others, those whom I feel I should be closest with... Oh well...

I guess we all gotta learn... (And I sure hope we all do...)

Thanks Jules... I really appreciate it... :)


MAL
:-P