Friday, January 23, 2009

Perfection...

Ahhhhh, perfection... The very word that describes something that everybody aims for... Or do they?

Amazing what sense some anime characters can tell you... I never thought much of perfection except something which (almost) everybody aims and strives to be... Until i heard this...

Mayuri Kurotsuchi on Perfection
"There is no such thing as perfect in this world.
That may sound cliché, but it is the truth. The average person admires perfection and seeks to obtain it.
But what is the point in achieving perfection?
There is none. Nothing. Not a single thing.

I
loathe perfection!
If something is perfect, then there is nothing left. There is no room for imagination.
No place left for a person to gain additional knowlege or abilities.
Do you know what that means?
For scientists such as ourselves, perfection only brings despair.
It is our job to create things more wonderful than anything before them, but never obtain perfection.
A scientist must be a person who finds ecstasy while suffering from that antinomy.

In short, the moment that foolishness [claiming perfection] left your mouth and reached my ears, you had already lost.
Of course, that is assuming you
are a scientist.


Wow... I couldn't agree more...

Think about it... What's the point of being perfect? I'm not sure what to say, and I have to admit, it's quite a weird thing to tell someone "I never want to be perfect"...

Well, maybe society's perception of "perfection" might actually differ from one person to another, but still, what's the point of being perfect? It's like... There's no chance to get better after that...

Wow... Maybe Ah Ben or Ah Dave might wanna try doing literary criticism on this speech ya?

In terms of Calculus, I believe we should create a continuous graph, one approaching the limit of "perfect" but never actually touching it...

Oh man, what am I saying laaaa?!?!

I believe perfection is something unacheiveable, still, what's to stop us from trying?

Me? I'm content in trying to be all that I can be... :)

Oh, and for those who might be wondering, Mayuri Kurotsuchi is the 12th squad captain of Soul Society in Bleach, or else the Mad Scientist in the anime (and also my favourite character!!!)
Weird-looking guy? I know... But then again, Einstien looked weird... :P

So, for all you guys and girls out there, don't ever worry about not being perfect, nor about not achieving what society expects you to... And for not being perfect, sorry, but that's who I am... And i'm proud of it!!!


MAL
:-)

Oh P/S: Happy CNY guys n gals!!! Xing Nian Kuai Le, Gong Xi Fa Cai, San Yin Fai Lo, etc etc etc... You can send your angpaus to me via post, courier, poslaju, and so on... :P

No comments: