Sunday, January 18, 2009

LOVE???

Ahh... Finally back online...
So many things to write about, so little time...
Sorry about the looooooooong delay between the posts, it's just that i've been kinda busy with applications, catching up with Calculus, homework, one thing or another this past week or so, it's a miracle that i've lasted thus far, and managed to finish my homework with some spare time to blog today!!! :)

So, what should I blog about??? Hmmm... Lemme see...

I've been holding this idea for about a week now, so I guess it's high time I get on to writing it... Lets talk about a subject everyone LOVEs hearing about... A subject so LOVEly, deadly, powerful and mysterious... A subject not about cLOVErs and bees, rather about LOVErs and trees... (OK, i admit, that was a little bit of an overkill...) Yup, you got it... It's...

LOVE!!!

Okay, so now you go "Alright Malcolm, I got it... so what about love? What can YOU of all people tell me about it???" Well then, the answer is...

Well... A little, I guess :-P

Anyway, here goes!!!

What do you think of love? What IS love? Is it that strange feeling of butterflies in the stomach? (Err... Don't think i'd like to imagine that...) Is it just... Well... "Aiyah, you noe laaaaa!!! I love you you love me... Simple laaaa!!! Like dat oso dunno!!!"

Well, love, to me, is different... Of course this as usual comes with a bible verse...

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails.

True love, as the good book says, is patient, kind, and so on...

Most people seem to mistake love simply for a different kind of love, one that says "I love you BECAUSE you did this..." or "I love you BECAUSE you did that..."

I believe true love says "I love you DESPITE of whatever you do, and will CONTINUE to love you anyway"...

Coming to college and leaving home was kind of an eye-opener for me... I remember days when I used to get into quarrels with koko or girlie, or upset mummy or daddy... I remember how i'd think that i'm always right, even after i'd apologize, but most of all I remember how we'd forgive each other and live on, as sunfall came... Love keeps no record of wrongs... Beautiful advice from mum and dad : NEVER LET THE SUN GO DOWN IN YOUR ANGER...

I recall days when I sat alone in college and a friend would pass by and say "HI!!!", teaching me friendship, showing me love in their own way... I remember days when, waiting for the bus alone, a friend would pop up and wait with me... I still see times when... Greeted by a smile, my gloomy day would be cheerful, dark clouds would part and make way for the sunlight!!! Truly, if love shown in friends spin the world round, i'm so blest to have a rather fast spinning world! :)

You know, come to think of it, I understand now why I am asked to "Love your neighbour as yourself" and "Love your enemies"... If everyone shows love to one another, i'd bet the world would be a much safer, cozier and more comfortable place to live in...

Why, you ask? You REALLY think it'll work?

I know it will...

Here's why...

LOVE NEVER FAILS!!!


MAL

:-P

2 comments:

Bon Iver said...

i LOVE this post ;p lol, ironic i know. but really i like it.

Malcolm said...

Awwww... Thanks Ame!!! Yeah I like it too :P


MAL
:-P