Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Lord is My Shepherd

You know I always learnt that Bible verses could be helpful. Never did understand how memory verses could help, but today I surely did...

Certain challenges I faced today really did drain me... Certain points during the day, I felt left behind, upset, angry, agitated, irritated and even downright scared... Again, I thank God for friends certainly! Of course, it would not be fair to not say thanks to God, of Whom i actually spent most of the today discussing my problems with, silently in prayer...

In any case, I guess here's what I really wanted to share, a chapter from the Psalms, yet gives hope to all people, and especially helped me get through the day...

Here goes the famous:
PSALM 23

King James Version
[1]The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. 
[2]He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters
[3]He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake
[4]Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
[5]Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou annointest my headwith oil; my cup runneth over
[6] Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. and I will dwell in the house of The Lord forever.

NIV Version
[1]The Lord is my shepherd I shall not be in want
[2]He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters
[3]He restores my soul. he guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
[4]Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me ; your rod and staff they comfort me
[5]You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows
[6]Surely goodnes and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Isn't it encouraging? God never leaves us, never intends to!!! I mean "Thou preparest a table before me in the PRESENCE of mine enemies"??? Come on, bring it on, evil!!! Surround me, but still I makan in front of you!!! Hehehehe...

Anyway, once again, thanks friends... You guys rock... When I needed to open my heart to you, you opened your ears. When I needed guidance, you offered your hand. When I needed comfort, you provided a shoulder. When I needed counsel, you sent your mind! Honestly, I can't thank you guys enough! Thanks guys, you know who you are!!!

Better work hard at being of service to others, 'cause if this continues, I can kiss resolution number two byebye!!!

Oh well, be strong! Think positive!!! I can do it!!! :)


MAL
:-P

4 comments:

Daffodil said...

hello there
i think i know what's your prob..
huhu
nway...dont worry much bout that
you can do it
i know~
=)

Malcolm said...

Ahhhh... Hahahaha...

Yeah u're in d same class so i guess u noticed...

Thanks for your confidence Awin!!!

:)


MAL
:-)

life's like that said...

I think you can be great writer. it's really good that you trust in the Lord and look for Him when you're down. I am sure He gives you challenges that you can handle. So, just hold on and things will turn out better.

Malcolm said...

Thanks!!! Appreciate your kind words and support :)

MAL
:-)