Monday, May 4, 2009

I Remember a Time When...

I remember a time when all I needed to know was Mom and Dad...

I remember a time when I used to talk (alot), and never fear saying something wrong...

I remember a time when I used to crawl around writing on walls, just knowing that I liked it...

I remember a time when fights and arguments were so easily settled among my friends and I, in a few minutes, we would be holding hands and playing together again...

I remember a time when dressing up in all kinds of costumes and clothes was just plain fun and that no one would ever comment about it...

I remember a time when I would just laugh at anything that I thought was funny, and that I actually had a proper sense of humour, not a fake one to live up to society's thoughts...

I remember a time when somebody would say that I liked a certain girl, and like any other boy, I would go "bluek" :)

I remember a time when holding hands with another girl or guy is considered "cute", not looked upon with scorn nor slanderous views by society...

I remember a time when every friend looked the same to me, no matter what race, what custom or WHATEVER they were...

I remember a time when a kiss meant something "yucky" and that we closed our eyes... (At least during movies...)

I remember a time when school seemed like something fun to do, and that I would never skip school even if I was "sick until can die"...

I remember a time when death meant nothing but that someone goes to a place far far away and that I would see him or her again next time...

I remember a time when a friend is one whom I can trust with anything, anything at all, and trust can never be "betrayed"... Such a word never even existed...

I remember a time when I was told to "never talk to strangers", especially those who offer ice cream or lollipops or any kind of sweet stuff...

I remember a time when "junk food" was all the treasure in the world, and that nothing could ever replace the joy of finishing school and walking outside to buy "junk food" from the old Ah Pek...

I remember a time when a lie was something never even thought of, because there was no reason to do so...

I remember a time when crying was not an embarrassing thing, and that everyone cries some time or another...

I remember a time when there was no need to hide pain and fear, that everybody could understand and be symphatetic towards that fear...

I remember a time when there was no such thing as foul language, any word I knew of was pure and clean...

I remember a time when life meant just being who I am and living in accordance to the plan set up by my parents, and the people and a God who loves me...



May we ALL return to the time we once remember...


MAL
:-P

2 comments:

yTze said...

O childhood.. =)

Good memories, bad memories. Memories :]

Malcolm said...

Yup :) Memories...

Things that will remain in our hearts...

And the thought of the innocence of a child versus what we think...

Ahhh... The memories of a child... :)


MAL
:-P