Thursday, December 29, 2011

I Do Not Like Your Christians!


Came across this quote on *cough* 9gag the other day - And I am *cough* not *cough* in any way or deed addicted *cough* to 9gag... (Okay maybe a little bit hahaha xD)

Anyway, the point is, seriously, how can you disagree with Gandhi? I must say - he must have a point! You know what? To a certain degree, I think that I agree with him.

Especially when he said this -
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ

It seems that very often people say "you're a Christian, you must act this way" or even "Oh, are all Malaysians like you?" Like it or not, on this earth, we are ambassadors. Ambassadors of our country, our family, a certain ideal, or all of the above!

So what makes someone, someone? (If that makes any sense at all)
The Bible says in John 13:34-35
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Here's the crunch line - Many Christians are not like Christ! And that's sad, considering the word "Christian" was a play on words, kinda meaning "little Christs" (think Christ Jr.)

So what makes someone "Christian"?

In short, LOVE.


I just hope...
I just hope that if someday, someone asks...


I'm not too unlike Christ =S


And if I am, tell me why, and i'd love to know why and how I can improve. Please =O


God bless!




His,
MALCOLM

2 comments:

Lilian said...

which reminds me of a song "And they'll know we are christians by our love, by our love, yes they'll know we are christians by our love" =)

Hexen Ong said...

Lillian!! The same song pooped up on my head aft reading Mal's post!! =P However, loving people doesnt mean we agree with what they do and that sometimes give people the wrong idea that loving them = agreeing in what they are doing.... (if makes sense hehe)